Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Jerusalem: God's Bride

Here we are, flying to New York - with free wifi. We have met up with the team this morning, most of them Calvary pastors and their wives headed to Israel for the first time!

So, at 36,000 feet I thought I would give a little update. Mostly, I just have some scriptures to share because we haven't seen anything yet!

In reading Isaiah 62, I am struck by God's great love for Jerusalem. Although so often the Jews have turned their back on the Lord, He will heal their land and restore them fully. He rejoices over them as a bridegroom rejoices over His bride! One day all the nations will see how much God loves the people of Israel - they will turn fully to Him and He will bless them with His righteousness. The promise is the same for us - for God is not the God of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles!

I have enjoyed this time with my wife greatly. She is my bride and we rejoice together to have this time in the land God has blessed as we rejoice in His goodness!

More to come! Stay tuned!

Ted


Isaiah 62:1, 5, 11 & 12
Assurance of Zion's Salvation

1 For Zion's sake I will not hold My peace,
And for Jerusalem's sake I will not rest,
Until her righteousness goes forth as brightness,
And her salvation as a lamp that burns.

And as the bridegroom rejoices over the bride,
So shall your God rejoice over you.

11 Indeed the LORD has proclaimed
To the end of the world:

"Say to the daughter of Zion,

'Surely your salvation is coming;
Behold, His reward is with Him,
And His work before Him.'"
12 And they shall call the The Holy People,
The Redeemed of the LORD;
And you shall be called Sought Out,
A City Not Forsaken.

No comments:

Post a Comment